NURSING CAREER LADDER INITIATIVE (NUCLI)
NUCLI, which stands for the Nursing Career Ladder Initiative, is the name of a $2.9 million, H-1B Skill Training grant from the U.S. Department of Labor. The grant was developed and is led by the Commonwealth Corporation. NUCLI is a public-private partnership. (link to NUCLI project partners page). The grant requires a dollar for dollar match from participants.
The grant funds will be used to:
- Attract 1,000 people into the nursing education pipeline
- Help 400 individuals to attain a license to practice as a nurse
- Help 100 nurses to be trained in specific areas of specialization
- Help students stay in nursing education programs
- Encourage practicing nurses stay in their positions
- Train practicing nurses in areas of high demand such as critical care or the emergency care.
Programs and Projects
NUCLI has developed several different kinds of programs and projects to meet its goals.
Massachusetts Center for Nursing
The Massachusetts Center for Nursing is also a recipient of NUCLI funds. The Center was awarded $40,000 from NUCLI to develop this web site, and create a virtual Center on the web. The Center thanks NUCLI for its support and generosity.
For more information about the Nursing Career Ladder Initiative (NUCLI), please contact:
Nursing Career Ladder Initiative
The Schrafft Center
529 Main Street, Suite 110
Boston, MA 02129
617-727-8158 ext. 1303